- Though surrounded by attractive lush forest and rugged coastline, Port Blair is more or less your typical Indian town that serves as the provincial capital of the Andamans. It’s a vibrant mix of Indian Ocean inhabitants – Bengalis, Tamils, Telugus, Nicobarese and Burmese. Most travellers don’t hang around any longer than necessary (usually one or two days while waiting to book onward travel in the islands, or returning for departure), but PB’s fascinating history makes for some worthwhile sightseeing that warrants exploration.
Day 01: Port Blair Airport – Hotel – Sightseeing
Meet & Greet on arrival at Port Blair Airport & transfer to hotel. Check-in to hotel. Afternoon visit for Corbyn’s Cove Beach which is 9 kms from Port Blair – It’s a coconut palm fringed beach, ideal for swimming, sun-basking & bathing. Then proceed for Harbour Cruise (Viper Island) in a steamer, covering seven ports, and you can see one of the big floating dry dock, the island naval harbour and mainland going vessel harbor. Evening is free for leisure. Overnight stay at Port Blair.
Day 02: North Bay (Coral Island) & Ross Island Sightseeing
After breakfast, full- day excursion to Coral Island (North Bay) to see coral reefs, varieties of beautiful ornamental fish and other marine life. This is an ideal place for snorkeling as this sandy beach coupled with clear water creates a breath-taking spectacle. Please carry your lunch pack, drinking water & changing dress. After that proceed for Ross Island, the former residential and administrative island of the British during their rule of South East Asia, was nick named the Paris of the East. This island is an ideal destination for nature walk amidst sylvan surroundings with deers, peacocks, exotic birds, etc. This island was completely destroyed in an earthquake, now in ruins. Evening is free at your leisure. Overnight stay at Port Blair.
Day 03: City Tour
After breakfast, full-day “City Tour” of Port Blair – covering Cellular Jail, Chatham Saw Mill (one of the oldest & largest in Asia- Now closed), Forest Museum, Mini Zoo, Anthropological Museum, Naval Marine Museum (Samudrika), Andaman Water Sports Complex (for water & adventure sports like water-skiing, speed boats, water scooters, tube rides, etc.), Afternoon free for shopping and other personal activities. In the evening witness the enthralling Sound and Light Show at Cellular Jail – where the heroic saga of the Indian freedom struggle is brought alive. Overnight stay at Port Blair.
Day 04: Hotel – Port Blair Airport
After breakfast check out from hotel and transfer to Port Blair Airport for your onward journey with memories of Yatra Crafters.
- Assistance on Arrival.
- 24 – hour helpline.
- Daily Breakfast.
- Hotel Accommodation on twin / double sharing basis.
- All transfers & sightseeing by Exclusive Vehicle in Port Blair & Non Ac Vehicle in Havelock.
- Entry Fees & Ferry tickets.
- Snorkeling in Elephant Beach.
- GST of 3.75%
- Air/ train fare.
- Any expenses for optional activities.
- Items of personal nature like portage, tips, laundry.
- Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
- Any additional meals.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Port Blair- Marine View / R D International / Similar
INR 8,699 per person on twin sharing basis
*Rates valid till 31st March 2017
(High season surcharge will be applicable for December & January).
*Rates are valid till 31st March 2017
**Rates not valid on long weekends, festivals, X-Mas, New Year and blackout dates