- Amritsar, literally a Pool of Nectar, derives its name from Amrit Sarovar, the holy tank that surrounds the fabulous Golden Temple. First time visitors to Amritsar could be forgiven for the impression that Amritsar is like any other small town in northern India. But Amritsar stands head and shoulders above any other city, its status elevated and sanctified by the presence of the venerable Golden Temple.Located in the heart of Amritsar, the temple complex is surrounded by a maze of narrow lanes, or katras, that house one of the busiest markets in India. But the Golden Temple is a serene presence, radiating a calm that makes people bow their heads in reverence. The gurudwara, as Sikh temples are called, is the holiest of Sikh shrines. It is not just Sikhs who travel to the Golden Temple to pay homage, the sacred shrine is equally revered by Hindus and people of other faiths who, too, make the pilgrimage to offer prayers at Harmandir Sahib.There more to Amritsar than that – Amongst other sights is Jallianwala Bagh, site of the gruesome massacre of unarmed Indians by British troops. A major tourist attraction these days is the Indo-Pakistan border crossing at Wagah, just a short distance from Amritsar, with its elaborate change-of-guards drill with a lot of strutting and intimidatory showing off by both sides
- Day 1: Delhi-Amritsar by Volvo (10:00 p.m – 06:00 a.m) :Golden Temple
Begin your journey from Delhi to Amritsar by volvo. Reach Amritsar early in the morning. Transfers to hotel. Check-in to the hotel. (Please note that you may have to wait a few hours before you check-in, in case of unavailability). Visit the Golden Temple and return to the hotel by late evening.
Day 2: Amritsar-Delhi by Volvo (9:30 p.m – 07:00 a.m): Wagah Border
After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and proceed for a sight seeing tour. Visit Jallianwala Bagh and Durgiana Mandir. In the afternoon, visit Wagah Border to attend the Beating Retreat ceremony held before sunset (reach the border by 4:30 p.m). Have dinner on return (on your own). Transfers to the bus stand to board your Volvo to Delhi
(Car is available at disposal for 10 hours only).
- Round trip Volvo fares Delhi- Amritsar.
Accommodation on twin sharing basis.
Car at disposal for 10 hours.
GST of 3.50%
- Any Air/ train fare.
• Items of personal nature like porterage, tips, laundry.
• Any expenses arising out of unforeseen circumstances like flight delay / cancellation / hike in fare, strike or any other natural calamities or any emergency evacuation expenses.
• Any additional meals.
• Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Amritsar – Hotel Queensland or Similar
- INR 4,999 per person on twin sharing basis.
*Rates are valid till 31st March 2016